NCHA Foundation Scholarships
The Foundation's top priorities are the education of our youth. NCHA Charities has provided over $50,000 in scholarship funds to NYCHA members. The purpose of the NCHA Foundation scholarships is to encourage leadership, work ethic, community service, and above all - attendance and completion of higher or extended education.
The scholarship varies depending on the applicant's financial need. Scholarship awards are payable in the fall and spring semesters in those increments per semester. Scholarships will be paid to the college or university in the student's name. The NCHA Charities Foundation supports these scholarships through individual donations, fundraisers, and an anonymous donor.
Must be an active NYCHA member in good standing. All applications are due May 15th and must be submitted via the new online portal. If you want to prepare, there will still be letters of reference required from your teacher or counselor and an NCHA representative as has been required previously (references will be able to submit their letters online). You will also need a digital copy of your most recent transcript (including your GPA). We anticipate a larger and more competitive pool of applicants this year and look forward to seeing your high GPA and timely deliverables! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Before starting your application, please take a moment to review the information below:
- You will need to create an ID and password to get started. This ID and password will be very important to you moving forward as it will allow you to access your balance, make payment requests, track disbursements, etc. We will NOT be privy to this information, so please store it in a safe place.
- To complete your application, you will need a digital copy of the following:
- Your most recent transcript (high school or college) which has your GPA listed.
- Essay – no more than 1,000 words detailing what makes you a great leader, sportsman, and showman.
- There will be a request for two reference letters, one from a high school/college counselor (or teacher) and one from an NYCHA affiliated person (director, youth officer, area leader, trainer, etc.)
- The NCHA Foundation is proud to be able to award $50,000 in scholarship and we thank you for your participation in the application process
In order to apply for NCHA Foundation Scholarships, check your available balance, or request a scholarship payout you must first create your NCHA Foundation Portal Login.
2020 Applications are now closed. Thank you to all who participated this year. Applications for 2021 will open in April.
To complete the scholarship payment request form you will need a copy of your current class schedule, a copy of your tuition bill, and a current transcript with a GPA of 3.0 or above.