Vice Presidential Election
Hello to all our members,
I would like to encourage each of you to cast your vote in our current Vice Presidential election. We have two great candidates running; Skip Jones from Texas and Ted Sokol from Florida. You can find their full biographies on nchacutting.com/vpelection.
As of right now only about 12 percent of the membership has voted. Voting is so important as it allows each of our members to have a voice on who the future leaders of the NCHA will be. I know this pandemic has interrupted many of our plans but I am convinced that it will soon be over.
Our association came out of the Futurity on a very positive note, and we need to try to maintain that positivity as much as possible with the uncertainty of today’s world. Our members are resilient and we will recover and be back to showing horses soon.
Please take a few minutes to either cast your ballot either online or via U.S. mail today. All ballots must be received by May 10th. Voting is your right and is the best way to be involved with NCHA and the future of our association. Thank you very much and please keep practicing all the safety recommendations until this horrible situation is over.
Director of Youth
Chairman: Mitch Farris R6
Vice-Chair: Amy Lippincott R7
Janet Cagley (22) R6
Alannah Chalmer (21) R8
Casey Crouch (20) R7
Landy Hedlund (21) R2
Barb Himsel (21) R4
Mark Mills (21) R7
Kolby Moore (22) R5
Tommy Neal (23) R7
Cindy Smith (23) R7
Nikki Sokol Roberson (22) R5
Rebecca Waters (21) R3
Kristen York EC
Purpose of the NYCHA
- Improve and promote the cutting horse industry
- Improve and develop the capabilities of youth in the breeding, raising and showing of cutting horses
- Develop scholarship, leadership, community interest and participation of youth interested in cutting horses
- Encourage moral character, sportsmanship and clean living among all its members
- Allow the youth members to learn about the leadership of the NCHA by working in conjunction with the NCHA Youth Committee
- Acquaint the youth members with the structure and functions of the NCHA
It is a constant goal for the NCHA to do its best to work with and fundraise for our youth members. There is no greater pleasure than watching the children of our industry grow up and become successful adults. All efforts of the NYCHA Officers, Youth Committee Members, and Youth Coordinator are committed to encouraging education and growing funding for scholarships for the youth that will become the future of our industry. Sponsors and donors are always appreciated. Be a part of the future with us!