The National Cutting Horse Association (NCHA) has made the decision to postpone the 2020 NCHA Convention and is working to reschedule at a later date in 2020. The NCHA Convention was originally scheduled for May 29-31 in Fort Worth, Texas.
“Our number one priority continues to be the health and safety of our members,” Jay Winborn, NCHA Executive Director said. “With the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we felt it was better to reschedule our convention for a future date."
NCHA will announce its plans for the rescheduled 2020 Convention in the coming weeks.
“We are looking forward to hosting a convention and honoring our members’ accomplishments when it is safe to do so,” Winborn said. “Until then, we will continue to follow recommendations from government and health officials to stop the spread of COVID-19.”
Purpose of the NYCHA
- Improve and promote the cutting horse industry
- Improve and develop the capabilities of youth in the breeding, raising and showing of cutting horses
- Develop scholarship, leadership, community interest and participation of youth interested in cutting horses
- Encourage moral character, sportsmanship and clean living among all its members
- Allow the youth members to learn about the leadership of the NCHA by working in conjunction with the NCHA Youth Committee
- Acquaint the youth members with the structure and functions of the NCHA
It is a constant goal for the NCHA to do its best to work with and fundraise for our youth members. There is no greater pleasure than watching the children of our industry grow up and become successful adults. All efforts of the NYCHA Officers, Youth Committee Members, and Youth Coordinator are committed to encouraging education and growing funding for scholarships for the youth that will become the future of our industry. Sponsors and donors are always appreciated. Be a part of the future with us!