NCHA Foundation Scholarships
In addition to our other areas of focus, one of the NCHA Foundation’s top priorities is ensuring that NCHA youth members have the funds available to achieve their goals of higher education. The NCHA Foundation does this by providing the youth the opportunity to earn scholarships in and out of the cutting arena through our merit-based program, support of the Public Speaking, Art, Essay and Photography Contests during Youth Week, and NCHA Foundation Scholarship Cuttings. Scholarship funds are supported by individual donations, fundraisers and investments. For more information on how you can support youth scholarships call the NCHA Foundation at 817-244-6188 ext.144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship payments may be requested at any time via the online portal. Please note, the average time for scholarship payments to be fully processed is two weeks. This time period begins the moment you submit your request for payment and ends once the funds are accepted by the educational institution. Please schedule your requests with this in mind. All scholarships will only be paid directly to the college or university in the student's name. The NCHA Foundation’s policies prohibit any payments directly to students or their guardians. All payment requests must be submitted through the online portal. For questions or assistance setting up your portal login, contact us at email@example.com.
Applicants must be an active NYCHA member in good standing. All merit-based scholarship applications must be submitted via the online portal. Applications go live on April 1st and must be fully submitted by June 30th. If you want to prepare, there will still be letters of reference required from your teacher or counselor and an NCHA representative as has been required previously (references will be able to submit their letters online). You will also need a digital copy of your most recent transcript (including your GPA). We anticipate a larger and more competitive pool of applicants this year and look forward to seeing your high GPA and timely deliverables! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before starting your application, please take a moment to review the information below:
- You will need to create an ID and password to get started. This ID and password will be very important to you moving forward as it will allow you to access your balance, make payment requests, track disbursements, etc. We will NOT be privy to this information, so please store it in a safe place.
- To complete your application, you will need a digital copy of the following:
- Your most recent transcript (high school or college) that has your GPA listed.
- Essay – no more than 1,000 words detailing what makes you a great leader, sportsman, and showman.
- There will be a request for two reference letters, one from a high school/college counselor (or teacher) and one from an NYCHA affiliated person (director, youth officer, area leader, trainer, etc.)
- The NCHA Foundation is proud to be able to award $50,000 in scholarship and we thank you for your participation in the application process
In order to apply for NCHA Foundation Scholarships, check your available balance, or request a scholarship payout you must first create your NCHA Foundation Portal Login.
2020 Applications are now closed. Thank you to all who participated this year. Applications for 2021 will open in April.
To complete the scholarship payment request form you will need a copy of your current class schedule, a copy of your tuition bill, and a current transcript with a GPA of 3.0 or above.