NCHA Career Opportunities
Do you love the equine industry and are interested in making a career in one of the most exciting equine sports?
NCHA is looking for candidates with the same qualities we believe in to represent our brand:
- Passion for the sport of cutting
- Pride in quality customer service
- Dedication to creating a positive community for our members and owners.
At NCHA, we are looking to hire individuals who are excited and passionate people interested not only in a job but in creating a lifelong career. Open positions are listed below. These jobs are all located at the National Cutting Horse Association headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas.
NCHA is seeking a Executive Director to oversee the National Cutting Horse Association in Fort Worth, TX.
The NCHA Executive Director will work directly with the elected (President/Chairman of the Board) of the Association and the Executive Committee, to further develop and implement the vision, strategic goals and objectives of the Association to promote and grow the membership while preserving the welfare and the heritage of the Cutting Horse.
Proven track record of Executive Level management responsible for and leading multiple departments and department heads. Successful skills in: communication -strategic planning and execution- oversight of operational budgeting & financial reporting - build and manage internal and external relationships, which promote Association’s strategic goals and mission.
Has high ethical standards and a passion and understanding of the western lifestyle.
The National Cutting Horse Association is a robust and vibrant organization serving members from all across the globe. Key highlights include:
- Approximately 13,000 members representing all 50 states and many countries
- $25 million-dollar annual operating budget
- Over 1,800 approved NCHA shows generating over $39 million in purses
- The annual Triple Crown of Cutting series
- NCHA Charities Foundation
- Dedicated Industry Magazine: Cutting Horse Chatter
- Official NCHA Website
To print information about the Executive Director application process please click here.
Interested parties are encouraged to contact Angie Highland at firstname.lastname@example.org, (817) 308-2850, for a complete candidate profile and information regarding the application process
Director of Judges
NCHA is seeking a Director of Judges to oversee the judges department in Fort Worth, TX.
The NCHA Director of Judges is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the NCHA Judges Department. The Director of Judges must have the ability, experience, and passion for judging a cutting horse competition. The Director of Judges also is responsible for overseeing the continual improvement of the judging department and to create educational programs, webinars and videos for training and informational purposes.
- Prior judging experience in cutting horse discipline
- Must have current NCHA judges card or had one in the past
- Must be an NCHA member in good standing
- Previous successful experience in a leadership role
- Unquestioned integrity and honesty
- Credibility with other NCHA Judges
- Respected in cutting industry by NCHA members
- Ability to lead and work well with others
- Proficient in computer and other technology
- 24/7 availability; ability to work long hours in the management of Judges, Monitors in NCHA Triple Crown events as well as weekend events • Availability for frequent travel
- Ability to develop and manage department budget(s)
- Ability and willingness to strictly adhere to the NCHA Guidelines and Rulebook to determine the proper outcome for competition results, including appropriate handling of any protests or complaints that arise
To view the full job description please click here. Interested applicated may fill out the NCHA Employment application and return to the NCHA Office. All applications must be received in the office by December 31, 2018. Due to the nature of the position all applications will be held confidential and sealed until the time of the selection process.
Return applications via email to Cathy Marie Aleff at email@example.com or via mail at:
Attn: Cathy Marie Aleff
260 Bailey Ave.
Fort Worth, TX